Recipe: Tasty Triple Chocolate Cake with 680x482 Resolution
Triple Chocolate Cake. Triple Chocolate Cake Enhance a devil's food cake mix with semi-sweet chocolate chips and a rich Chocolate Glaze and you will have a dessert good enough for company. In a mixing bowl, use a whisk to stir together the chocolate cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, and water. In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, milk and eggs at low speed until dry ingredients are moistened.
This rich cake features three kinds of chocolate: cocoa, bittersweet chocolate, and milk chocolate. And you get chocolate in the cake batter, the filling and the glaze. This Triple Chocolate Cake is a simple and straightforward chocolate cake recipe. You can have Triple Chocolate Cake using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Triple Chocolate Cake
- Prepare of cake (chocolate).
- You need of white sugar.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s of baking soda.
- You need of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of milk.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of boiling water.
- You need of frosting (chocolate buttercream).
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need of confectioners' sugar.
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- You need of lace (white chocolate).
- Prepare of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Bar (4 oz).
The chocolate cake is made with oil instead of butter to have super moist and delicious chocolate cake layers. For the best chocolate frosting, please be sure to use just high-quality chocolate. Choose a semi-sweet (dark) chocolate of a brand you love. This triple layer chocolate cake is the ultimate treat for a chocoholic.
Triple Chocolate Cake instructions
- Prepare the chocolate lace the night before the day that the cake is to be prepared. On wax paper, outline your design..
- I cut up the chocolate into very small pieces to minimize the melting time..
- Melt the white chocolate using a double-broiler..
- Trace the design on the wax paper. I flipped the paper to avoid potential chemicals from the pen I used. I would also recommend cooling the paper in the fridge/freezer before piping the design—I noticed that because my wax paper was at room temperature, the chocolate spread flat and didn't hold a thin shape like I wanted..
- Place the white chocolate lace in the fridge overnight..
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans (or bake in 2 rounds if you just have one pan like me)..
- Use the first set of ingredients to make the cake. In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Stir in the boiling water by hand..
- Don't worry if the batter is slightly runnier than you expected, I ended up having a very dense, moist cake. Pour it evenly into the pans..
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely..
- To make the frosting, use the second set of ingredients. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Stir in the cocoa and confectioners' sugar alternately with the milk and vanilla. Beat to a spreading consistency..
- Split the layers of the cooled cake horizontally, cover the top of each layer with frosting, then stack them onto a serving plate..
- Frost the outside of the cake..
- Take out the lace and let it warm up slightly at room temperature so that it is malleable enough to wrap around the cake..
- Refrigerate for 15+ minutes to help everything set in place and serve :).
Unlike our classic chocolate cake – this contains three chocolate sponges, which are smothered with luxurious chocolate buttercream and topped with a sprinkling of grated chocolate. In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Easy triple chocolate Bundt cake made with boxed cake and pudding mixes, chocolate chips and sour cream. Fudgy, moist and rich dark chocolate cake for birthdays, potlucks and Valentine's Day. Triple Chocolate Cake is the easiest cake I've ever made, and it's loaded with chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.