Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Japanese Sauté Burdock Root – Kinpira Gobo (金平ごぼう)炒牛蒡 with 680x482 Resolution
Japanese Sauté Burdock Root – Kinpira Gobo (金平ごぼう)炒牛蒡.
You can cook Japanese Sauté Burdock Root – Kinpira Gobo (金平ごぼう)炒牛蒡 using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Sauté Burdock Root – Kinpira Gobo (金平ごぼう)炒牛蒡
- You need 1 of gobo, (about 3 cups after shredded).
- You need 1 of small-medium carrot.
- You need 1-1/2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of mirin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of sake.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame seeds.
Japanese Sauté Burdock Root – Kinpira Gobo (金平ごぼう)炒牛蒡 instructions
- Rinse gobo under water and scrape off the surface of the gobo with a knife. Or you can peel off the skin..
- Cut the gobo into shorter sticks so it’s easier to work with. Then, thinly cut gobo diagonally. Next, julienne the gobo to the matchstick size. Gobo will start to oxidize and turn dark as soon as you cut it up so make sure you soak the gobo in water right away. Soak gobo for about 10 minutes. Drain the shredded gobo and wash them a couple of times when you are ready to make this dish..
- Cut carrot the same way.
- In a pan, add 1-1/2 tbsp of sesame oil then add shredded gobo. Stir fry on medium-high heat for about 2 minutes..
- Next, add the carrot and sauté for a minute.
- After that, add 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of mirin, 1 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of sake. Continue to stir until all the liquid has been absorbed. It’ll take about another minute or so..
- Lastly, turn off the heat and add the sesame seeds. Mix well and the kinpira gobo is ready to be served..
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.